Version 14.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 12/09/2014
- Added a campaign bookings calender under the Reports
menu to see booked campaigns by Site/Zone
- Added Option to give banners a start/end date on the
campaign screen in order to run multiple banners using
- ROI tracking pixel is now global and no longer
- When generating zone tags, an option has been added
under the 3rd party tags to automatically generate Double
Click DFP tags with tracking
- Added title tag to standard image banners using same
text as the Alt tag
- Added WYSIWYG HTML Editor for modifying any HTML fields
such as templates, on screen messages, etc as well as the
HTML for advanced banners
- Added Width X height column to the banners list on
campaign screen so you can sort by banner sizes
- Campaign Defaults such as Distribution, Type, Cost,
Quantity, Days of Week, Daily Start/End Times, Track ROI can
now be set under Setup
- Added Pre-Defined Date Selections to custom reports such
as Today, Yesterday, This Week, This Month, This Year, etc
- Added a Style tag of "max-width:100%;" to all standard
image ads so they resize (shrink) to accomodate responsive
web design, can be disabled under setup
- Added Campaign Targeting By Browser Width to target ads
of specific width to devices/browsers of specific width.
Updated ad tags required
- Modernized the Flash Ad Template code to use
swfobject.embedSWF and properly display an alternative image
in non-flash browsers such as iPhone and iPad
- Semi-Transparent takeover ad now supports setting an
auto-close time period to automatically close the ad after X
- Slider Ad now supports setting an auto-close time period
to automatically close the ad after X seconds
- Floating Ad now supports setting an auto-close time
period to automatically close the ad after X seconds
- Added an option to call a zone and have the output
returned as a JSON response, does not support keywrds,
competitor exlusions, frequency capping
- Added option to choose which ad types a User can access
when adding banners
- Added option to manually approve Banner changes made by
users (Automatically Approve/Set to On Hold)
bug to remove on-hold option when editing a default campaign.
Default campaigns are always valid
Version 13.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 4/24/2013
- Added support for Maxmind City geo-targeting database
for targeting by Worldwide
Codes/Cities. US Targeting includes Area Code/Zip Code/City.
More information on
- Added Option to add custom IP range to geo data for
correctly resolving fake internal IPs for testing purposes
- Added Option for multiple 3rd party roi pixels at
campaign level, enabled under setup
- Added Feature to limit display of top X banners on
Campaign Screen and Top X Campaigns on Zone screen to load
these screens faster for companies with numerous ads and
- Default number displayed can be changed under the setup
- Also added search feature to search for banners on the
campaign add new screen by Banner Type, Size, Text, and Date
- Also added search feature to search for Campaigns on the
Zone add new screen by Advertiser, Text, and Date
- When creating a campaign, the list of banners now
includes Impressions/Clicks/Click Rate
- Expanded Demographic Targeting fields to include
targeting by full URL, URL Host Name, and URL Path.
information on Demographic Targeting.
- Added Setup option to detect a secure (https) call for
an ad and return the content in the secure protocol
- Added new ad type called Redirect URL as well as
Redirect Campaign for simply creating an ad that redirects
to another URL, only impressions are tracked
- Add an option to bulk import campaigns
- When adding/modifying a zone, campaigns on hold are
removed, unless they are already selected in which case they
are denoted with **On Hold**
- Add support for additional 3rd Party Ad Tags including
MediaMind, Atlast DMT, MediaPlex so click tracking is
- Added option to User/Publisher accounts to make them an
admin user giving them accesss to all
Sites/Advertisers/Zones and rights to create other users
- If a User/Publisher has been granted access to all
sites, they can now see the All Sites option on reports
- Added a Zone Template called JQuery Fade Effect that
causes Image ads to fade in with a 3 second fade when using
the zone auto refresh option
- Added option to set zone weighting system to In Sequence
Per user in which ads are served in sequence to an
- With this option selected a new type of Ad Tags are
vailable for displaying an Ad Slide Show
- Added Zone Templates for Slider Ads that slide from Top,
Left, Bottom and Right side
- Added Banner Option to add an individual Slider Ad that
slides from Top, Left, Bottom and Right side.
- Added a new type of Zone Tags called Scrolling
Sponsorship Ad Tags that scroll a list of ads up the page.
- Altered Zone Templates to allow specifying behavior when
no ad is served (Serve template as is, serve empty content,
serve alternative content)
- Added error trap when adding a standard banner to
prevent any attempt to add an .swf file as a standard banner
- Added option to append analytics utm parameters to the
Target URL when creating a banner in order to properly
identify you as the source of traffic on click through
- Added Option to Custom Email Reports to include a
campaign expiration report for campaigns expiring in next X
- Added admin security settings to lock Admin, Publisher,
or Advertiser accounts after X failed logins
- Added admin security setting to require strong passwords
for Advertisers and or Publishers
- Added Option to create advertiser login form to place on
a web site
- Added Option to create User/Publisher login form to
place on a web site
- Increased performance of stored procedure used for
serving keyword campaigns without full-text indexing enabled
- Added an option when adding a flash movie to test the
click to see if it was programmed for click tracking/see if
you chose the correct variable
- Added option to select Default site that is
automatically chosen when a user/publisher logs in
- Updated the spider header list with additional known
Added check to prevent opening
different sites in different tabs or browsers and then
incorrectly associating data with the wrong site
- Fixed bug in flash
template that detects flash affecting case where flash movie
has multiple click URL's embedded
- Fixed the stats inflator
that was causing some Equally Distributed, Geo-targeted
campaigns to under serve
- Fixed issue where clicks from spiders/bots on the
noscript portion of the ad tags made without viewing the
image could be incorrectly associated with the wrong site
Version 12.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 4/26/2012
- Newly designed web interface with button navigation and
drop-down menus in the Admin console
- Software now uses parameterized queries for enhanced
performance and security
- Added support for
campaigns to force a campaign to keep showing to the
- Expanded User/Publisher permissions to support accessing
Online Orders, Setup, Tools, Sites, Import, Export, etc.
- Created CPA campaign type to expire campaigns after X
- Added Conversions to Overall Campaign Summary,
Campaigns/View All, Executive Report
- Enhanced spider detection option to treat unknown
operating systems as spiders, and treats clicks as spiders
with an empty referring page
- Tool for removing stats based on IP now also supports
removing based on browser header
- Also, above tool now supports entering a bulk list of
IP's or Headers
- SQL Script for new installs is now compatible with SQL
- Added IP Address Click Summary in order to see if
specific IP's are generating numerous clicks
- Added option to produce Zone Code for multiple zones as
- Added new type of ad tags that use jquery/ajax to load
ads (works only if BMP is installed relative to domain)
- Add variable [WebSiteURL] that uses URL from site so
relative links can be used
- Added Zone Status option in place of "Zone Disabled"
that supports 3 statuses
- Disabled (Ads stop serving and stats stop recording)
- Set for Archive (Ads keep serving but zone is hidden
from Zones screen)
- Zones View All screen now includes above filter
- Added Import Option to import Advertisers, Banners
(Standard, Advanced), Zones, Sites and Users
- Added Export Tool to export Advertisers, Banners,
Campaigns, Zones, Sites, Users
- Added date option to filter by date added, date updated
on Advertisers, Banners, Campaigns, Zones and Sites
- Added these New Ad Types:
- Added New Banner Type called Double Click Ad tags which
will automatically insert click tracking into DC tags
- Add option for 3rd party impression tracking URL when
adding a new banner
- Added Option to avoid recording stats for specific
campaigns such as in-house campaigns (Defaults only)
- Created Zone Templates to provide control of HTML that
is returned for the ad zones
- Added Option to email all charts appearing throughout
the software and reports
- Custom email reports now support additional periods of:
- Daily--Month to Date
- Daily--Past 7 Days
- Daily--Past 30 Days
- Weekly--Past 30 Days
- Monthly--Year to Date
- Added option to choose first day of week for reports
(Sunday versus Monday)
- Bill Monthly fixed amount invoice option was updated so
campaigns can be invoiced as soon as they start rather than
after first month completes
- On email reports ##EndDate## was fixed to correctly show
yesterdays date instead of the report send date
- Spider/Bot list has been updated
- Sponsorship Ad Tag call has been updated to make sure it
does not overserve evenly distributed campaigns
- Added option to select multiple campaigns as opposed to
All or One in both admin and advertiser consoles on all
- Added Date Created column to banner list on Add New Zone
page, and weighted campaign list on add new zone, as well as
- Added Windows 8 to operating system definitions
- Added variables to dynamically embed Country,
Region/State/Province and Metro Name using [Country],
[Region] and [MetroArea] respectively.
- Also added variable [MetroCodeRegionCountry] that will
display whichever is available. For example, Metro Area, if
avail, followed, by Region, followed by Country
Version 11.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 3/23/2011
- Switched to VisualStudio
2010/.net 4.0. .Net 4 is required.
- Added a New variable
called [BanManProURLDoubleEncoded] for double URL encoding
the click tracking variable.
Click here for a
list of all dynamic variables supported in Ban Man Pro.
- Added a calendar option
when creating a campaign and when purchasing ads
Added Billing and
Invoicing that includes real-time credit processing and
--Creating and printing Invoices
--Paying invoices using check, credit card or cash
--Creating billing reports
--Supports numerous payment gateways for real-time card
--Option to give users permissions for various
--Includes specification of tax tables as well option to
make specific advertisers tax exempt
--Campaigns can be set to invoice-able prior to running,
after expiring, or monthly
--Ability to view invoice history at the campaign level
--Option to allow advertisers to view/pay invoices and view
--If allowing advertisers to purchase by check and invoice
is emailed to the advertiser on purchase
- Updated Campaign Browsers
to include Chrome and Operating Systems/Devices to include
Mobile Devices including iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, IEMobile,
- Ban Man Pro now offers
for serving Ads in applications in native iPhone, iPad
- Expanded Order Types to
include all campaign features (geo-targeting, browser,
language, OS, and Demographic targeting)
- Added option to specify a
separate SSL URL and to force SSL in the Admin console or
Forcing SSL is recommended if using the purchase option,
credit card or invoicing features
- Added Advertiser Login
Link on Advertisers View All screen to directly login as an
- Added ad tags that can be
used in 3rd party ad servers such as Dart for Publishers,
click variable is BMPClickURL
- Created indices on
Impressions table for
AdvertiserID,BannerID,CampaignID,ZoneID,UserId to speed up
- Added option to clear
existing credit card numbers when viewing an online order
that was not processed in real-time
- Add flash option now
support up to 6 unique links within the flash movie
- Added Option for
advertisers to update their account in the Advertiser
- Added Option to disable
account updates by individual advertiser
- Added Option to disable
viewing/paying invoices for individual advertiser
- Added support for all
advertiser variables in email report templates
- Added Click Rate column to
custom email reports
- Added syntax validation on
all email addresses fields
- Added date created and
updated fields to
- Increased Banner ImageURL
and TargetURL fields to 500 characters
- Added option to limit
length of all 4 fields in the Sponsorship Ads defined under
- Added option to paste and
add multiple demographic values at once
- Added option to specify
that campaigns created by specific users must be approved
before becoming active. Email notification can be sent
to admin as well as other users who are given approval
- Added option for the admin
to define a custom sort order for the Sites listing
- Auto Refresh Zone feature
prevents browser clicking sound. The Original method
of using a META tag can be used if set under
- Added more professional
charting in locations where existing chart was displayed
- Added Quick Chart option
to display impressions/clicks chart to Advertisers, Banners,
Campaigns, Zones Screen
- Added Chart to Inventory
- Added quick chart to
overall campaign summary report in admin, and advertiser
- Added setting to decide
whether or not Demographic values are cookied. You would
want to cookie them if always passing the same values on all
If passing different values they should be be cookied
Added a new type of zone
tags that float the ad on the screen and move with the page
as you scroll.
- Added United States and
Canada quick select checkboxes to geo-targeting option at
- Updated spider/bot list
with an additional 300 headers
- Added option to use a
separate database or separate database server for geo-data
resolution for high traffic sites to increase performance.
- Added option to delete
click detail prior to a specific date
- All passwords for
User/Publishers and Advertisers are now encrypted in the
- Added additional fields to
"Edit All" screens for Advertisers, Banners, Zones and Users
- Increased performance
through Fast Forward, Read Only, Static cursors
- Added Highlight and Copy
option when viewing the Zone Code.
Enhancements to Advertiser
- Added option to limit how
many advertisers can purchase ads in a zone during the same
- Added option for real-time
credit card processing using numerous gateways including
- Includes specific setting
to run through Authorize.net in test mode
- Expanded order types to
allow advertisers to upload Flash movies and Text
Sponsorship ads in addition to existing standard image ads
- Drop-down menu for
choosing a purchase option now includes the price
- When advertiser upload a
banner the width and height are automatically pre-populated
- Fixed bug where
geo-targeting incorrectly showed when editing some default
- Adding missing triggers to
- Updated Flash Template to
include allowscriptaccess to overcome clicking issues when
serving ads on different domains
- for daily/weekly/monthly
email reports filter out very old expired campaigns where a
recent click was triggered by a spider
- Added warning message in
admin console when SQL server date/time is behind web server
which causes problem with capping routines
- Increased the length of
keyword strings that can be passed to the stored procedures
to 4000 characters
- In email reports, replace
Quantity Purchased with NA for Flat Rate campaigns
Version 10.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 12/14/2009
competitor exclusion option to prevent competitor ads from
appearing on the same page at the same time (requires
- Above feature can also be used to prevent
same advertisers ads from appearing on the same page
- Existing companion ad feature which was
previously limited to 2 zones is now supported in unlimited
- Added basic inventory tool to Zone Usage
By Campaign Type report that shows predicted impressions, #
booked campaigns and projected quantity of Even and Equal
Added support for paypal for auto
processing credit cards and automatically activating
campaign after payment is submitted
Added new banner ad called Sponsorship
Text Ad that looks like Google AdWords ad. The template can
be modified under Setup--Ad Templates.
- Added option to create Custom Email
Reports with custom breakdown for Admin and Users. Can be
emailed as HTML or CSV attachment.
- Added option to give publisher
permissions to automatically inherit Sites, Advertisers,
Zones created by other users
- Software now stores url/page where user
clicked on the ad and shows it in click detail report
- Created URL/Page Click Detail Summary
report for summarizing clicks by URL/Page where user clicked
Added 3 custom fields for personalizing banners including
checkbox on zone CODE view to include these fields
- Modified add flash option to support
manually entering the click tracking variable name
Modified add flash option to allow entering up to 3 unique
URLs and variables for movies that have multiple links
- Added option to limit zone refresh to
certain threshold per zone
- Added option for daily email that lists
all campaigns with a start date of today (admin and users
- Added Option to also delete banners when
deleting a campaign if they no longer belong to any other
- Added Option to specify custom upload
folder for individual users or continue to use default
- Added User permission under banners for
Add Banners to Campaign, allow edit link on banners screen
- Added option to specify separate from
name/email for Advertiser reports so they can appear to come
from a sales person
- Added option to specify separate from
name/email for Users reports so they can appear to come from
a sales person
- Software has been updated to detect
campaigns that no longer have banners sizes that match the
zone size when enforcing zone size restrictions.
Previously this resulted in a blank image being served. This
can also happen when a banner is set to inactive.
- changed auditing to include AdvertiserID
when deleting a banner or campaign
- Added option to set which languages to
support in the application
- Also added additional languages including
Arabic, Swedish, Hebrew and Turkish (additional languages
available on request)
- Advertiser Screen now shows number of
campaigns (Valid + Expired) belonging to advertiser and
number of banners
- On View Users screen added these fields:
Enabled, # Sites, # Advertisers, # Zones
- On View Sites screen added these fields:
#Advertisers, #Campaigns, #Zones, #Users
- On View Zones Screen added these fields:
Disabled, Size Restrictions Enabled, Refresh Interval
- On View Banners screen added Active
- On View Campaigns screen added On Hold
- Admin option to choose default sort for
Advertisers, Banners, Campaigns, Users, Sites and Online
- Default sort is also stored for
users/publishers whenever a sort is changed
- Sponsorship ad tags now display default
ads in the event that no other valid ads are found
- Add option to setup to use an SSL
connection when sending emails. This is required for Gmail
- Also added Advertiser, Banner, Zone and
Site name to click detail report
- Campaign Stats/Detail summary accessed
from Campaigns View All screen now includes campaign
details, list of banners and list of associated zones
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 have been
added as operating system targeting options
- Added additional statistics and indices
to Impressions and Campaigns table for enhanced performance
- Added clustered index on ClickCounts table to speed
- Added clustered index on CampaignClicks table to speed
- Updated stored procedures that update stats to user smaller
transactions to speed performance
- Changed reports to use stringbuilder to enhance
performance and prevent memory overflow error
- For new installs a folder name of imgs is used for ads
instead of "ads" folder. This is because some ad blockers
look for the word "ads".
- When viewing zone code, if timed rotation is set only show
compatible ad tags
- Updated call by keyword option to work with international
characters such as Hebrew
- Evenly Spread algorithm has been enhanced
to prevent campaigns from over serving on a daily basis
- Fixed a bug pertaining the the daily
campaign end time whereby the last hour was not utilized
when specifying custom hours
- Email reports are now checked hourly
instead of daily because some servers recycle IIS at
midnight which prevents reports from sending
- Shortened index on AuditLog table which
caused error for very long browser headers, also truncate
long browser headers
- Refresh views daily so views do not
become invalid when users make changes to database structure
- Fixed procedure that counts clicks to
ensure that click record exists and if it doesn't it creates
one, affects only those running in optimized mode
- Fixed Zone Usage by Campaign Type report
to not include impressions registered by static campaigns
that are not associated with a zone
Version 9.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 10/3/2008
companion ads or
buddy ads in order to force ads from the same
advertiser to serve in different spots on the same page at
the same time.
support using language files. Languages included are
English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese,
- Added option to place
Daily, weekly, and monthly caps on impressions or clicks
(Weighted and evenly spread only)
- Added option to define a
unique URL for each site (multi-site version) so that ads
are called from that distinct address
- Added grid editor on
Advertisers/Banners/Campaigns/Zones/User screens to edit
common properties in grid format
- Add option for
Users/Publishers to choose All Campaigns when creating
- Added an Audit Log to keep
a history of all tasks performed in the system by each user
- Added option to override
the zone refresh by campaign. When checked for a specific
campaign the zone refresh will be halted until the user
manually refreshes the browser
- Added CID/cvv2 to purchase
- Added option to export
orders to a csv file
- Added option for
advertisers to signup through a web page.
- Added option for
advertisers to purchase advertising (this replaces previous
purchase option) from advertiser console
- Added option to create a
campaign when advertising is purchased and automatically
assign to zones
- Added option to allow
advertisers who purchase ads to upload the creative or
select existing creative (standard banners only)
- Added Tool to email all
Advertisers and/or All users
- Added option to classify
campaigns as Invoiceable and specify an invoice status
(Paid, Unpaid, pending)
- Added option to log Ban
Man Pro system errors to database and view errors
- Added option for
Publisher/User accounts to get daily, weekly, monthly, and
campaign expiration reports
reports are now customizable under Setup/Report Templates
- Added a tool to delete all
clicks from the stats for a specific IP Address
- Spider and bot list has
been updated to include an additional 600+ headers
- Added option when adding
user to allow them to view the Campaign Even Delivery Report
- Added password retrieval
option for administrator and publishers/users
- Added option to modify the
Help file URL as some 64-bit servers cannot load help files
- Added cross site scripting
code to prevent malicious script injections
- Modified campaign
expiration report to include cost, ad type and total cost to
- Added option so static
campaigns also support advanced banners
- Added additional ad tag
option that encrypts the URL in an attempt to defeat ad
- Changed exact match
keyword option to parse strings with commas and iterate
through each word
- Updated keyword test tool
to allow selecting a zone so exact match keywords can also
- Enhanced Equally
Distributed by Day routine to catch up more quickly if a
campaign falls behind in serving
- Changed all cache
variables to application variables to prevent IIS from
flushing variables when memory runs low
- Added alert when using
Admin1/Admin1 for login since this is published as the
default login on our web site
- Added error trap to check
if stored procedure exists for full-text indexing
- Default sort on
Advertisers, Banners, Campaigns, Zones has changed to most
- Prevent a banner from
being moved to a different advertiser if banner is in use
by a campaign that belongs to a different advertiser
- Added option to modify
which header is used to obtain IP address. Default is
REMOTE_ADDR. Useful in load-balanced environments.
- Enhanced error trapping
for database connections on first install
- Session state has been
disabled on the ad.aspx and a.aspx files to increase
- Enhanced the spider
detection algorithm to include requests with a blank browser
- Began offering a light
version of Ban Man Pro
- Added an index to
geo-targeting table which boosts performance significantly
- Added new variable called
[BanManProURLEncoded] which inserts the BanManPro Click Tag
in an encoded format for use with PointRoll ads.
Version 8.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 6/22/2007
- Converted application to
Visual Studio .net 2005 for the .net framework 2.0 and higher
using Master Pages
- Added US Metro Code
targeting in addition to Country/State using MaxMind Metro
Code data. 3rd party data must be purchased from Maxmind
to use this feature.
- Added option to specify
default geo-targeting selections that apply to newly added
Demographic/Profile targeting for demographics such as gender,
age, level of education, HHI and zip code.
Added option to display
Tooltip type ads where keywords are highlighted within the
content of a page.
- Added targeting by PRIMARY
- Added Option to distribute
keyword campaigns equally over time.
- Expanded frequency cap
option to include frequency cap based on clicks.
Added Ad tags for email
- The Add Text Link option has
been modified to include both static text links and non-static
text ads that can be rotated in zones
- Added report (administrators
only) that displays a summary of clicks by browser header
useful for spotting spiders.
- Added Option to define list
of IP's that ads are shown to but impressions/clicks not
- Increased performance
through Optimized stored procedures/views that select valid
Added Optimization option
for high traffic sites that uses temporary tables to speed up
queries and to prevent locking issues when updating
- Optimized all views,
procedures and SQL statements to use NOLOCK for enhanced
- Added Select All option for
- Modified Add Standard Banner
option to not require a Target URL for those who wish to enter
a banner with no click behavior.
- Banner width/height are now
automatically populated when a new banner is uploaded.
- Added Records Per Page
filtering on view all screens for Advertisers, Banners,
Campaigns, Zones, Sites, Users.
- When creating a new user
they can now be assigned to multiple advertisers and zones
across multiple sites.
- Added option to copy site
along with option to also copy zones and assign users to those
- Added Option to place a zone
on hold so ads stop serving in that zone and don't call
- When modifying the list of
zones which a campaign is displayed in you can now select an
option to view all sites at once (multisite version only).
displays number of months, days in campaign based on selected
- View All Campaigns now
includes Clicks served in addition to impressions.
- Added Analysis link for all
campaigns to show breakdown by day, similar to even delivery
- When viewing Advertiser,
Banners, Campaigns, Zones, filtering options now persist for
- Modified Zone Usage By
Campaign Type report to include column totals.
- Added option to define
specific reports for users/publishers.
- Added option to display
actual banner on summary report.
- Added Option for advertisers
to select "All Campaigns" in reporting.
- Added ability for
advertisers to FILTER ads by campaign, Size, Banner Type, etc.
- Update Spider List with over
300 additional headers.
- Added error trapping options
(Email Error to Admin, clear error, print to screen, write
server event log).
Version 7.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 6/13/2006
Version 6.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 5/16/2005
- Expanded GeoTargeting to
include US State and Canadian Province targeting. (Maxmind
GeoIP Region data required for this feature)
- Added campaign targeting by
- Added campaign targeting by
- Added Support for different
sized ads within the same campaign. This allows you to run
the campaign across multiple zones and then the proper banner
is shown only in zones that match the size. For this feature
to work, you must check the option "Enforce Size Restrictions"
for the individual zones. If unchecked the zone will show
banners of any size.
- Added option to allow
advertisers to view reports by country, region, browser, and
operating system. This is found in the Setup area under
Reports Available to Advertisers.
- Optimized stored procedure
speed in the stored procedure that updates the statistics when
an ad is served. Some version 6 users already have this
- Added Option to
search/replace the URL or IP Address of banners. This feature
is found under tools. This is useful if you change the URL or
IP of Ban Man Pro.
- Added option when copying a
campaign to also copy all zone assignments
- Added option to mark banners
as inactive so they no longer show up on the screen for
selection when adding a new campaign.
- Delete links under
Advertisers, Banners, Campaigns, Zones and Users have been
changed to check boxes to allow deleting multiple items at
- Added Date Grouping option
to summary report in order to report stats by various date
periods including Day/month/Year, Month, Month/year, Year,
Quarter and Weekday
- Option to pass keywords on
to advertisers site using parameter [Keywords]
- When modifying zone
assignments for an individual campaign, zones are now grouped
by size and all zones that match the size of the banners in
the campaign are highlighted in green. A checkbox can also be
clicked to select all zones of a specific size.
- Add report link from
campaign list that summarizes the campaign. This report is
the same format as the executive report.
- When editing a running
campaign, the impressions and clicks that have been served are
now displayed next to the quantity.
- Added rel="nofollow" option
when adding a standard banner. This command tells search
engine spiders not to follow the link.
- Added Option to limit file
upload size by user/publisher.
- When adding a flash banner,
you can now choose between the "url" and "clickTag" variable.
Some agencies use a click tracking variable called ClickTAG
instead of the standard Ban Man Pro "url" variable.
- Added support for specifying
port for email server. Enter using a comma such as
- Updated spider detection to
to speed up performance, also updated routine for partial
matching rather than exact matching.
- Tested support of SQL Server
2005 and SQL 2005 express
- Updated the option that
lists all banners in a zone to include more information such
as campaign name, banner name, and the ID's. Also this now
includes all the default banners as well.
- Added option to select all
countries at once using checkbox
- File upload tool now
displays image URL after upload
- Added a new variable for
click Tracking called [BanManProURL2]. This acts the same as [BanManProURL]
but prevents any encoding in the URL in order to work with
Atlas DMT tags.
- Added [BanManProURL3] which
acts just like [BanManProURL] but does not include a random
number. This is useful for flash movies where you don't want
to use a random number to defeat the cache.
Option to target banners to specific countries. This
feature requires the purchase of IP address data in order to
perform the geo-targeting. The cost of the geo-targeting
data is US$50. [More
Impressions/Clicks/Percentages by Country
to the Executive report to summarize how many impressions were
shown in each country.
Impressions/Clicks/Percentages by Zone Size to executive
- Added option to breakdown
summary report by Country.
- Added a monthly email report
- Campaign Expiration Reports
can now be sent to both advertisers and administrator. A
warning can also be sent X days before expiration. Added
a preference to define how many days before a campaign expires
an email notice should be sent.
- All email reports can now be
customized using templates under Setup--Report Templates
- Added option to email a
report to anyone after it has been created
- Added Chart report that can
be created for any period. The chart displays
impressions/clicks by day.
- Added Report called Zone
Usage by Campaign Type that displays how many impressions were
served on each day for each campaign type. This is useful for
inventory analysis. The report can also be specific to
- Added new types of banners
called floating ads and transition ads. A floating ad
floats on top of all other content until the banner is closed.
A transition ad blanks out the entire page until the ad is
- Added option to define
templates for flash ads, transition ads, and floating ads so
display these banners
- Added support for an
unlimited number of default campaigns in a zone. They are
rotated evenly when selecting multiple campaigns.
Previously only one default campaign could be assigned to a
zone. Added the number of default campaigns to
- Added additional even
distribution option called Evenly spread over remaining time.
The previous even algorithm has been renamed to Equally
Distributed By Day. The new algorithm predicts traffic
by day of week using historical data. This will cause
the campaign to serve more impressions on days when traffic is
higher in order to create a more normalized distribution.
- Campaigns/View All now
displays number of banners in each campaign so you can easily
spot campaigns with no banners. Also added error trap when
adding a campaign that has no banners selected.
- Added option to filter
banners by size
- Added option to filter zones
by sizes and by weighting system
- Option to select Locale
Identifier (LCID) so dates/currency are displayed in the
- Added Support [$$RANDOM$$]
- Admin password is now stored
in encrypted format in database
- Added preference to define
period in hours for tracking unique acquisitions with the ROI
- Added preference option to
pass all querystring fields onto final web site
- Added option to append all
IDs (AdvertserID,BannerID,CampaignID, ZoneID,SiteID) to the
IIS log files
- Added option to specify text
and link that appears at the bottom of the administration
- Any application errors are
logged to the Windows event log when adding a campaign without
selecting any banners
- Automatically redirect to
login page if session has expired rather than displaying
message "your session has expired..."
- Made expired campaigns that
are not selected at the Zone level invisible.
- Renamed all stored
procedures without sp except one run by scheduler. This
prevents a cache miss that causes stored procedures to
recompile because they began with the name sp_ which is
reserved for SQL Server system procedures
- Altered Select procedures to
use transactions with no locking in order to obtain a sizable
Version 5.0 for ASP.NET/SQL
Server - 1/12/2004
- Application has been
re-written for the .NET framework version 1.1 using ASP.NET.
Unlike previous versions of Ban Man Pro, the application is
now compiled and the source code is no longer visible or
available. The benefits of a compiled application are
- Added a copy option to all
objects including Advertiser, Banners, Campaigns, Zones,
Users, and Sites.
- After adding a banner the
banner is immediately displayed so you can more easily
determine whether the banner was properly added.
- Added a checkbox to turn
on/off the display of the banners when viewing a list of all
banners on the banners screen.
- Added a much more advanced
file upload tool. Files can be uploaded while adding the
- When viewing a list of
banners, the number of campaigns using this banner is
- Banners can now be assigned to
campaigns in reverse order. Previously a campaign had to
be edited to assign one or more banners. Now a banner
can be assigned to one or more campaigns. View a list of
banners then click Edit next to the count of campaigns.
- Enhanced the filtering options
when viewing campaigns including the ability to filter on
(Valid, Expired, On Hold) campaigns.
- Campaigns can now be called
using exact match keywords or exact match phrases.
- Created a new type of ad tags
called "Non-IFRAME java code" that does not make use of the
IFRAME yet defeats the cache. This is useful for serving
rollover or expandable banners.
- Email reports are now sent in
HTML format instead of text format. Also, added
additional fields such as the quantity sold and the
- Ban Man Pro now uses QuickSoft
EasyMail.NET as the mail component to send all email messages.
The component is distributed with Ban Man Pro.
- Added a username and password
field in the setup area for mail servers that require
- Added option to specify a From
Name and From Email to be used when sending email reports.
- Spider feature speed has been
improved as it is now database driven and dynamically pulled
- Added an option to specify a
banner to display in the admin console instead of the Ban Man
- Added a tool to rebuild the
- Added an option to
programmatically call a banner but not display it. This
is useful for developers who need to display the ads
- Added support for banners that
use forms. Clicks can now be counted and the form fields
are then transferred with the click in the querystring.
- Added the option to specify a
- Added an option to refresh a
zone every X seconds and display a new banner ad. This
works only with ad tags using the IFRAME and works only in IE3
or higher browsers as well as Netscape 6 and higher.
- Enhanced reports to allow the
user to specify grouping by Advertiser, Banner, Campaign,
Zone, Site and Date.
- When creating a new site the
site can now be assigned to multiple advertisers rather than
having to edit/update each individual advertiser.
Version 4.0 for SQL- 12/12/2002
Note these feature are currently only
available in the SQL version. The access version has not
been updated since 2.0.
- Keyword campaigns are now assigned to zones so different sized banners
can be displayed with the same keyword.
- Added option to create user accounts. User access can be limited to Advertisers,
Banners, Campaigns, Zones or Reports and Sites (multi-site version only).
Specific permissions include:
Advertisers: View, Add, Modify, Delete
Banners: View, Add, Modify, Delete
Campaigns: View, Add, Modify, Delete, Reset Stats, Modify Zone Assignments
Zones: View, Add, Modify, Delete, View Zone Code
- Banner weighting system at campaign level is now relative. Weightings no
longer need to sum to 100. Weightings automatically default to 1.
- A new type of zone tags have been created. These are called
"Sponsorship code" and they allow you to display all campaigns in a zone and rotate them
up the page. The number of campaigns displayed can be limited by setting
the Total number in the ad tags. The banners rotate up the page with
- Added an option for advertisers to purchase advertising. You should only use
this option if you have an SSL certificate for your web site. When the advertiser
makes a purchase they are automatically inserted into the database as an advertiser.
- Changed the Session-Based frequency cap to a Cookie based frequency
cap with the ability to define the session length. For
example, you could now limit a campaign to 10 impressions in 1
day. Also expanded this feature to support an unlimited number of campaigns. Previous versions were limited
to 5 campaigns. Note that some browsers have cookie limits and may limit
the number of campaigns that can be capped.
- Added Popup/ Pop Under ad tag
- Added Flash code generator.
- Added a report called zone totals that displays impressions and clicks
broken down by zone.
- Added Summary by Zone By Banner report to display a breakdown of banners in
each zone to determine if a banner is performing better in certain zones.
- Added Notes field to Advertisers, Banners, Campaigns, Users and Sites
- Added the ability to track Impressions with static banners. Previously only
clicks could be recorded.
- Images can now be deleted under the image upload tool.
Images for Users are placed in a separate folder so they cannot see
images uploaded by the administrator or other users.
- Search option has been expanded to include Sites and Users.
- Added option to view all banners in a zone.
- On the reports, the date range requested is now displayed.
- On the reports, if an individual advertiser is selected, the advertiser name
is displayed, for a campaign, the campaign name is displayed.
- Cookie based tracking rather than sessions for
- Email reports to administrator now include an even campaign delivery report
summarizing whether a campaign is over or under delivering.
- Added Better navigation: After adding an advertiser you are presented a
link to add a banner, after a banner, you are presented with a link
to add a campaign, after a campaign you are presented with a link to
define the zones this campaign will be placed in.
- Default target="_blank" when adding a new
- In add campaign, made first choice of advertiser "Select Advertiser"
and not a valid choice. This will prevent the error of selecting the wrong
advertiser. This field also defaults to most recently added advertiser.
- User interface now uses stylesheet to define text box properties
- Database driven stats rather than application-based. This allows software
to run on load balanced servers. Also changed banmanfunc.asp to store
date/time of last actions in table in database so load balanced servers
do not repeat same task
- Statistics are now automatically deleted when you delete an advertiser, banners,
campaign or zone.
Version 3.0 for SQL- 10/26/2001
Note these feature are currently only
available in the SQL version.
- Added ROI/Acquisition tracking
capability for tracking sales/leads/acquisitions from click
here to learn more about this feature.
- Added multiple weighting options within each zone. Weightings
can now be based on 100, 1000, relative or in sequence. If
relative or in sequence, the default is never displayed unless all campaigns in that zone
expire. The In-sequence option can also be used to repeat the same zone on a page
and avoid displaying the same ad at the same time. This works
great when displaying a list of sponsorships on a page.
- Added option to analyze evenly distributed campaigns.
A table displays expected versus delivered to see if campaign is
over or under delivering.
- Added tool to send email reports for testing or
if a previous send failed.
- Better Control of Database and
Log file -- Added an option to truncate the database log file.
Also added an option to Truncate Clicks Table. This is found in the tools menu and deletes the Click detail
from the system freeing up database space.
- Added an option to set zone color for
IFRAME. This is useful on web sites that use a
background color other than white.
- Expired campaigns that have been removed from zones
are no longer displayed in the zones so screens are not so cluttered.
- Multi-Site Version -- Enhanced
RON option. Replaced option with the ability to select which sites an Advertiser is
displayed on. This prevents the advertiser, banners, campaigns
from being shown on ALL sites. This makes screens less cluttered.
- Added Option to insert Double Click [timestamp]
as opposed to [RandomNumber]. Both are now supported.
- Added Option to display list of uploaded banners in file
- Option to specify font properties for text underneath banners.
- Added Option to search Advertisers, banners, campaigns and zones.
- Added Option to filter Banners and
Campaigns based on type.
- Enhanced keyword feature. Multiple campaigns containing the same
keyword can now be rotated.
- Added sorting to reports.
- Added option to remove chart and report summary on reporting
screen. Option is session specific.
- Option to temporarily stop or place on hold a campaign.
- Organized campaigns at the zone level by size. Sizes are
now displayed making it much simpler to select a campaign within
- Added option to multi-site version to report across all sites.
- Added calendar when adding campaign.
- Created a script for displaying all banners in a zone and
rotating through the list of banners. Script called sequence.asp
- Add note on reports pertaining to static text/banner campaigns.
- Added option to automatically remove expired campaigns from zones.
- Add Zone Campaign Summary Report available when viewing all zones.
- Add over/under delivery report for Even campaigns. Button is
available on the Campaigns screen.
- Added option to insert advertisers logo when viewing reports.
Both the administrator and advertisers can define the URL to
- Option for advertisers to specify email
reports including email address, daily, and weekly reports.
- Option for advertisers to view current banners.
- Created separate help file for
- Added Spider Detection option in
- Added option for advertisers to
report on all campaigns if they have multiple campaigns.
Version 2.2 for SQL- 3/15/2001
Note these feature are currently only
available in the SQL version.
- 30-40% Performance increase
over version 2.1.
- Updated writing of zone file for zones in SSI mode so that the file is only written
when creating a zone. On busy sites re-writing the file can cause an error.
- The keywords option has been enhanced to support Full Text Indexing. In order
to use this option Full Text Indexing must be installed on the server. This option
can be turned on in the preferences. When turning this option on you must then
visit the Tools screen to create a Full Text Catalog in the database. Each time you
make changes to the keywords, you must re-build the catalog by visiting the tools
option and selecting the rebuild option.
- Added a tool to the Tools options for testing Keyword Campaigns.
- A static banner option has been added at the campaign level. This allows you to
display banners statically without counting impressions. Only clicks will be counted.
- Added recordset paging to Advertisers, Banners, Campaigns and Zones screens. When
Clicking one of these folders only the first 10 are displayed.
- Added Alert when viewing zones that indicates if the sum of selected campaigns is
less than 100 and no default is included.
- Expired campaigns are now flagged when editing a zone. Also, the number of expired
campaigns selected in a zone is noted when viewing a list of zones.
- Added an Option to NOT count click detail preserving database space. Note that
click counts will still be counted but an individual record including the click
detail will not be created. By using this option you cannot prevent duplicate clicks
on a banner.
- Impressions are now counted at the same time a banner is called.
Previously the program required two database calls to serve an ad. Now only one is
required and the performance is enhanced.
- Optimized Evenly Distributed Routine for faster performance. The program no longer
loops through all days if the campaign is set to run on all days/hours.
- When clicking an ad, if there is no impression record in the table one is
automatically created. This will allow users to create static text links that
do not count the impressions and the clicks will still be properly counted.
- Fixed a bug in sp_BMP_CountClickReturnURL where ClickIP should have been
@ClickIP. Oddly enough the procedure worked with this error in it.
- Fixed a bug in run of network campaigns in multi-site
verson. Stats were not counted properly for RON campaigns and they
over served. This changes the UpdateCampaignsAndImpressions
- Altered 4 stored proceedures that create email reports to account for scenario where
the SQL server is a few minutes behind the server time. If this is the case, the reports
were previously sent for 2 days ago rather than yesterday.
- Added Support for QuickSoft EasyMail Objects mail component.
- Added support for specifying the Target="**" Parameter at the banner level.
- Added proper support for images with Spaces in the name.
- Fixed a bug in admin email report that caused total clicks to be incorrectly high.
- Fixed bug in proceedure called
sp_BMP_ObtainBannerForKeywordCampaign. This stored procedure was responsible for pulling keyword campaigns. If the
keyword campaign contained multiple banners it only chose the first
banner. Now banners are selected based on their weightings.
Version 2.1 for SQL- 10/25/2000
Note these feature are currently only
available in the SQL version.
- Added report access via web enabled telephones or
- Moved banner selection routines
inside SQL as a stored proceedure. This double's the ad
- Added an option to reset stats for each campaign.
- Added an option to hide the target URL when
hovering the mouse over
- Added option to report by Advertiser. Previous reports were limited to
in Netscape 6.
- Added a frequency cap option. This option is limited to 5 campaigns at
any given time for performance reasons. The option should be used with caution
since it makes use of session variables. The option should be turned off in
the preferences at any time when you are not using this functionality.
- Added an option in the Tools for uploading files to the server.
- Campaigns can now be applied to zones from the Campaign Screen.
Version 2.0- 6/12/2000
- SQL only
: Added a smoothing algorithm. The user specifies the number of minutes to base the smoothing algorithm on and then Ban Man Pro
continually updates the percentages. For sites with a steady stream
of traffic, low values on the order of 5-15 minutes work great. For
low traffic sites a larger value may be necessary such as 30-60 minutes.
This value is set in the Preferences.
- Added a stop feature to completely stop serving ads in the event of
a database or some other failure. This is useful in the situation that
the database server is temporarily down.
- Added an option to select which reports your advertisers will see. This
information is set on the preferences screen.
- Login information can now be stored in a cookie.
- Added a logout button.
- Added an option to purge the database of old statistics. When
- Added an option to email campaigns which are approaching
expiration. This is in addition to the notification that is sent when one
expires. A notice is sent when a campaign is within 95% of expiration based on
- Added a date setting option to support both US and international dates.
- Added an email test option so you can test which email component your
- Added an option to determine how often multiple clicks from the same
user are counted. For example, setting the value to 1 requires that
clicks be unique each hour.
- Converted all queries in main script to stored procedures. This
provides approximately a 15% performance gain. [SQL Only]
- Added an option to export all reports to Excel in addition to
viewing them in a browser.
- Introduced a multi-site version for managing multiple sites.
- Added option to view both Banners and Campaigns by advertiser. Sites
with a large number of banners and campaigns complained because it took
too long to load all banners. When first visiting the banners screen
only the first 10 are loaded by default. Also, on the advertisers screen,
advertisers can now be viewed by clicking on the appropriate letter.
- Added the ability to call Zones by name.
- Converted the main script into functions and now ASP users can call
banners by function.
- Added Error trap for invalid end dates.
- Added support for static text links.
- Added support for multiple size defaults. For this feature to work
you must specify a zone size for all your zones. Default banners can
then be pulled based on matching sizes.
- Added Keywords to campaigns so that they can be called by keyword.
- Added email reports option for both advertisers and administrators.
Reports are available both daily and weekly.
- Updated documentation
- Added a slot option.
- Optimized queries for enhanced
- Added an option to require unique clicks
in X amount of hours. This is not yet exposed in the preferences
screen and is manually set by changing the parameter called intUniqueClickHour
in the banman.asp file.
- Fixed a bug in the event that a valid
campaign was not available and no default was included in the
this crashed some Netscape4 browsers because nothing was returned to
- Added a parameter called [RandomNumber]
so that a random number can dynamically be inserted. This is
useful for third party ad code which might require a random
number. To include a random number, simply insert [RandomNumber]
including the brackets. More
- Altered Netscape 3 code (Advanced
- Added an executive report.
- Added chart to reports screen which
summarizes impressions in the past 7 days.
- Added option to view banners by
- Added error trap to prevent the addition
of two campaigns with the same name.
- Added more complete support for third
party ad code. This affects those using the HTML ad code.
Note that the product still does not track clicks from many types of
third-party ad code due to the dynamic nature of their code.
here for more information.
- Added parameter called [BanManProURL] which can be used for rich media ads and other ads added through the advanced code option. Ban Man Pro will dynamically place this with the target URL allowing you to track clicks on rich media ads.
Please not that if your ad is an HTML ad which posts results, then the
results posted from the form will likely be lost if directing through
the ad server.
- Added additional ad serving code
here for more information.
- Added a confirmation button when
deleting Advertiser, Banners, Campaigns and Zones to prevent
- When adding information to the database,
the fields are "trimmed" to prevent any unwanted spaces at
the front of a line. This was mainly a problem when adding an
advertiser login name/password with an extra space. This extra
space made it difficult to login unless you knew the space was there.
- Lastly, the database connection is now
closed and re-opened before making any updates. This caused SQL
to occasionally hang, and in Access this occasionally caused ASP to
stop functioning on some NT servers.
- Added an option to view all expired
- Option to be emailed when a campaign
- Sizes of banners are now shown under
campaigns and zones. (Remember, all banners of the same size should be
placed in any given campaign or zone).
- Highly advanced ad serving code for the
the memory requirements on the server.
- Reporting by Zones.
- Removed most session variables to
significantly cut down on the server resources utilized by the
- Fixed a few bugs in the reporting